THE RIGHT INGREDIENTS
Here at Balance Foods, our chefs don’t just come up with new potato chip flavors, they are inspired by our current flavors as well. Fortunately, Balance Foods employees don’t mind the yummy smells coming from the kitchen or the rigorous taste tests. Here are a few of the recipes that were voted the best.
HERE ARE SOME RECIPES FOR YOU TO TRY
- 8 medium, skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2, 5oz packages of Kettle Classics® Mesquite Barbecue potato chips
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Heat oil in skillet until hot
- Cut chicken into ¾ - inch wide strips, set aside. In a shallow bowl, crush Kettle Classics® potato chips coarsely
- Place flour in shallow bowl
- Place beaten eggs in another shallow bowl
- Dip chicken strips into flour, then egg, then Kettle Classics® potato chips until completely coated. Immediately put into hot oil, turning after 4 minutes. Cook both sides until golden brown, then place on a plate with paper towels to properly drain the oil
Serve with Kettle Classics® Wasabi Ranch Smashed Potatoes and a Garden Salad
- 1 Quart Cooked Mashed Potatoes
- 2 5 - ounce package Kettle Classics® Wasabi Ranch potato chips
- ¼ Butter or Margarine
- Finely Crush all of the Kettle Classics® Wasabi Ranch potato chips. Mix ¾ of these chips into cooked mashed potatoes.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees until hot.
- Melt the butter or margarine and add the remaining Kettle Classics® Wasabi Ranch potato chips to coat well.
- Cover the mashed potatoes with this mixture and broil for 5 minutes until crunchy.
RECIPE CONTEST WINNERS
Submitted by Carol Norton
- can premium pink salmon, flaked
- large eggs, beaten
- 6 Kettle Classics® potato chips, crushed
- 1 tbsp of relish
- sprinkle of black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mix ingredients together and form into patties.
- Add oil to a medium size frying pan.
- Heat on medium and add patties.
- Brown 3-4 minutes and turn once. Drain on paper towel and serve.
Great with salad for a healthy dinner!
Submitted by Nancy Burfeind
- 6 medium size Ichiban eggplant (long, thin, purple eggplant)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of all purpose flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of Cracked Pepper & Sea Salt Kettle Chips, finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut eggplant lengthwise into spears (4 to 6 spears each, depending on size).
- Dredge spears in flour and shake off excess. Then dip into beaten egg, then dip in crushed chips, pressing to coat well.
- Place spears on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 - 30 minutes, or until nicely browned and easily pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
CLICK HERE to upload your own Kettle Classics® inspired recipe for a chance to win a case of Kettle Classics® potato chips. 3 winners will be chosen from our monthly drawing. Good luck and check back as we post more recipes!